Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Well. It is up.

As I mentioned the other day, I had my first opportunity to exhort on Sunday night. Well, for all of you who are just dying to listen to that first sermon it has been posted on my church's website. The link is below. Don't everybody flock to the site at once, the Internet might just crash!! :-)

Overall, my sermon sounded better than what I initially thought. I did say "um" a lot however! I think some of that might have come from me trying to find my place in my notes since the lighting isn't all that good up in our pulpit and my notes were kind of far down (I can't help it that I am tall!!). I know for next time to make my notes a little bigger!

Finally I was pleasantly surprised that my sermon clocked in at 29:58 (including the reading of the text and the prayer of application). Subtract those two other items out and it was just over 27 minutes long. A lot better than the 20 minutes I thought it would be!

Text: Galatians 1:1-10
Title: "God's Approval of His Message and His Messenger"

http://www.christurc.org/audio_sermons/2007-04-22-vanderpol-pm.mp3
This link opens the actual audio file. Right click and choose "Save Target As..." to download it to your computer. (The file size is about 8.8 MB)

Here is an image of the bulletin:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Lee V said...

I love you, Mark, and I miss you terribly. That said, I would've applauded any 20 minute sermon vs. a 27-minute one. :) Even from you. :)

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home