Monday, May 07, 2007

The Vander Pols Are Going to Malawi!

Well, I thought I might as well post a little something concerning what Michelle and I are going to be doing this summer.

We are going to be traveling with five other WSC students to the African country of Malawi! Four of the students' main responsibility in Malawi will be to teach two classes for 4 weeks at a theological school in the town of Nkhoma. The other WSC student is from Malawi and has set up some orphanages there, so he will be busy with his own duties. Michelle will be able to help lead a couple of days of VBS as well as help around the elementary schools and orphanages.

Michelle and I will be leaving on June 12 and Michelle will be coming home around July 13. I will stay a little longer and return home on July 24.

There is a lot more that can, and will be said, but I just wanted to give a brief announcement now. I hope to post more as the trip gets closer as well as hopefully post a few times while we are in Malawi. Michelle and I recently (finally) got a digital camera so at least after the trip we will have plenty of photos to share!!

But in the meantime please keep all of us in your prayers as we not only continute to raise funds for the trip, but also prepare for our work there.

Here is a list of those that will be going so you can add us to your prayer list by name:
Mark and Michelle Vander Pol
Fletcher Matandika
Steven Roberts
Matt Barker
Steve Bussis

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home