Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dr. Horton and Joel Osteen

One of my professors at Westminster Seminary California and the host of the White Horse Inn Dr. Michael Horton was interviewed for this week's edition of the CBS show 60 Minutes! This segment of the show deals with the preaching and teaching of Joel Osteen and Dr. Horton is "critiquing" his theology (or lack thereof!).

Since I work for White Horse Media I have had an intimate connection with all of this which has been a blast! We have made a special page available giving resources in connection with what Dr. Horton had to say that is available here from the from the WHI website. Dr. Horton wrote a special article/essay for this which you need to make sure to read, because I am sure all Mike needed to say was not given in the 60 Minutes segment (or edited out).

Already Dr. Horton has been asked to be on other radio shows to talk about this. As those become available on the internet, I will try and post those here.

If you have any questions concerning any of this, please feel free to ask and I will be happy to discuss it with you!


Dr. Horton's radio interviews:

Kevin McCullough's "'Live' in New York
10.11.07

The Paul Edwards Program
10.11.07

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this on already? Or will it be on this Sunday? I would like to watch it.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be interesting to see Horton take on the antithesis to "bubble gum" gospels, AKA "hellfire and brimstone"? We get what's wrong with Shuller and Osteen already...how about the flipside? The Gospel is just as opposed to that.

Zrim

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mark Vander Pol said...

Zrim -

I see you all over on other blogs, thanks for stopping by here! I totally agree with you on the problems with "hell, fire, and brimstone" sermons - those are not what we are advocating! (I was actually writting a post on the CBS story site Monday concerning that, but decided against it.) We need to preach the Law in all its horror and condemning value, but the Gospel in all its sweetness! The message of the Gospel is to be offensive, not the method!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,

You don't have to convince me...I am a long time Hortonnite. Just thinking out loud about some of this.

Zrim

12:09 PM  
Blogger Mark Vander Pol said...

I figured you would be on the same wavelength, and it is a great thing to "think about out loud" as many of those defending Mr. Osteen just assume that is what we are advocating.

Ahhh... the few the proud the Hortonites!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home