Thursday, June 05, 2008

I'm Published!

Something I have written is in print! Actual printed text on an actual paper page! The June 2008 edition of The Outlook printed an article that I wrote entitled "It's Decision Time." This was a paper I did for a class in the Fall of 2007 looking at the history of the issue of women's ordination in the Christian Reformed Church of North America (CRCNA) and the need for the denomination to become united over this issue since the denomination currently holds as its official position that either position (for or against women's ordination) is Biblical. Two mutually exclusive positions cannot be held in the church and that will become evident, in my opinion, this year at the CRC's Synod where women can be delegates for the first time when there are those present who do not think they should be on Scriptural grounds.

I need to make perfectly clear that this is not an article for or against women's ordination, and I don't think my particular bias influences the article too much and I would hope that either side of the aisle can benefit from the discussion and presentation that I make.

I argue that those in favor of ordaining women to ecclesiastical office have not been acting properly in the past and to make my point I use Calvin's "weaker brother" argument. I won't say anymore and force you to read the article! I should have an electronic copy of the actual printed aricle soon, so if you do not subscribe to The Outlook I can send you a copy. Just e-mail me or leave me a comment and I will send that to you when I get it. Finally, I would love to discuss this with you, so again, e-mail me or leave a comment below.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, Forward me a copy in whatever form. I'd like to read it.
Mom

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark, are you related to Keith Vanderpol.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Mark Vander Pol said...

Anonymous -

Yes, Keith Vander Pol was my Father.

Mark

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home