Monday, August 31, 2009

Have Patience, Have Patience

A familiar song for kids is the "Have Patience" song. Even as a 32 year-old seminary graduate who is a candidate for the ministry needs to be reminded constantly to be patient! I know that the Lord is in control and that he does have a place for me minister, but I am sinful and tend to get frustrated when things don't move along as quickly as I want them to. Already it has been 2 months since I took my candidacy exam and the Lord has opened up opportunities for me to both fill pulpits and candidate for a call. This will be an interesting time, and one that both my wife and I are excited to jump into!

However, this will be a very busy time and will involve a lot of traveling (which I love to do), but it will also be a blessing to meet the saints in other parts of the continent. Some of the churches I will be traveling to are vacant and looking for a pastor, so for those churches I am looking forward to meeting the people, talking with the elders, and understanding the needs and desires of that particular congregation. The other churches simply need pulpit supply as their pastor is away or on vacation. One of those churches I have been to before, and the other I have not so I am looking forward to meeting that congregation, albeit briefly. But with all of these churches that I will be visiting over the course of a month, I am most looking forward to bringing them God's Word twice each Lord's Day. It is a daunting task to stand in a pulpit and be the mouthpiece of Christ, but yet the Holy Spirit does the work using this weak and sinful vessel.

So keep Michelle and I in your prayers as we will be traveling and visiting churches who are interested in possible calling me to be their pastor. We trust that the Lord will open and close doors according to his will, we just need to be patient!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Hi Mark,
I remember being in your (or rather Michelle's) shoes last year at this time. Patience can be tough. I'll keep you both in prayer. Happy travels!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Gig Harbor, Gig Harbor, Gig Harbor!!

Can anyone guess which one I'm rooting for? :-)

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home