Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Tour Goes International!

This weekend marks stop number 4 in my tour of the Western Half of the North American continent. Michelle will be joining me as we go to Regina, Saskatchewan. We are both looking forward to getting away from the Southern California heat (which has cooled off quite a bit the last few days) and enjoying some fall weather (high 40s to mid 50s is forecasted). There is an independent Presbyterian church (long story) who is thinking about joining the URCNA, but is currently without a pastor. Therefore, myself and three other men (two of whom I know) have been asked and accepted the invitation to candidate there. It sounds like a great little church and I am excited to meet the people there and bring them God's Word for the next two Lord's Days.

My last two trips were wonderful as I was able to relax and fellowship with others on absolutely gorgeous days. Two weekends ago while I was in Loveland, CO I went hiking with four other guys. We hiked to Chiquita Peak (13,069') and had a great time. Then in the evening there was an open house for people of the congregation and I was able to meet some new faces. Last weekend in Lynden, WA I went to a high school football game on Friday evening, helped pour concrete on Saturday morning, went for a boat ride around Whatcom Lake, then had a BBQ outside and ate around a firepit. Both of those great Saturdays were followed up by the immense privledge of leading God's people in worship and bringing them God's word which is why I was flown out to those churches in the first place!

These past few weeks have been really busy, so I am looking forward to staying put for one whole week! If I am able I will update you with our happenings up north at some point next week.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Our Plain Life said...

Loveland Co to Our Plain Life in KS: 9 1/2 hours. We can do that.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home