Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Evangelical Blogging

Last week I started some "Google Alerts" concerning the upcoming Osteen interview on 60 Minutes. Although I didn't have my alerts set for "Osteen", I have noticed that all the blogs that I have been alerted to as posting something concerning the 60 minutes story, have been by and large sympathetic to Dr. Horton and the Reformed camp. I just find that interesting. Does the Broadly Evangelical world just not care about blogging, and it is mostly the more Orthodox Reformed that do?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Having been a broad Evangelical, it would strike me as odd that such a media-savvy group would not be interested. I throw my lot into the "Let's not waste our time with those curmedgeonly types."

Signed,

Zrim an Innkeeper

12:13 PM  
Blogger Tracy Lee V said...

In the category of "broadly" Evangelical, I will add my two cents. I love blogging. I blog just as much as you do, probably, except when my life takes every spare minute away from me. But I don't blog about such things as Joel Osteen. Maybe because I'm not in seminary, and what Joel Osteen is saying doesn't even register on my radar screen of life. All I know about the man is what you've told me in your blog, and I've seen his grinning facade smiling out at me on TV and at the bookstores. But I don't give Joel Osteen much thought. So why would I blog about him? So perhaps when looking for blogs by more evangelical Christians, your search terms are a little too narrow and not BROAD enough... :)
My life is bigger than Joel Osteen and so is my God. Yours is too, so try not to find the rest of us "Christian-folk" online by limiting our topics...

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home