Thursday, October 15, 2009

Flights

Well, my calendar only has one more engagement scheduled and that is on October 25 at Emmanuel URC in Hanford, CA. We are going to drive up there for a little mini-road trip so at least for the time my flying around the country has come to a close. As I have mentioned before I really do enjoy flying, but flying someplace every week for five weeks was a little too much.

Since June of 2009, and including my vacation to Maine (flying into Providence, RI) I have flown a lot!! There is a web-site called Flight Aware that plots out the flights of pretty much any flight (at least in the US and Canada). These plots can be transferred over to Google Earth which also includes altitude data. So here are some images concerning the actual flights that I have taken this summer up to my flight home from Regina, SK, Canada. The only flight whose plot is missing is my flight from Regina to Calgary. For some reason the only part that got "recorded" was on approach just west of Calgary. Oh well.

Here is an overview of all the flights:


Here is an oblique view of the flights looking roughly north from San Diego:


Finally, here are all the approaches and landings out of and into San Diego. Obviously there are a few data points which have the altitude messed up so ignore those "triangles"!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home